From http://www.cutviewer.com/: (by © LAMSON GLOBAL CORPORATION )
CutViewer is an easy-to-use program that simulates 2, 2-1/2 and 3 axis CNC Machines removing material from Stock in true Solid modeling. Using CutViewer will increase your productivity, all but eliminate programming errors, and prevent machine down time while debugging. Powerful and easy-to-use tools allow debug errors in the toolpath, detect collision of the tool with material stock while rapiding, estimate the machining time. CutViewer can be customized to support a wide variety of machines.
Now you can control the CncSimple program result with CutViewer.
Entering the comment strings within the program nc, CutViewer automatically configures the material to be machined and the various tools used.
Now I will show you an example:
First you create the CNC program with CncSimple
Press the Edit button, referring to the current phase
Set the block size and set origin
Create New File.
Copy the program created (Ctrl-C) with CncSimple and paste in CutViewer ( Ctrl-V)
From Menu Press [Running] >> [Rebuild]
And here the result.
CutViewer also checks for collisions.
Write profile with editor :
[ Traslate Profile ]
Or [Rotate Profile ] :
I added some improvements in the profile editor:
[Fillet Line To Arc ]
[Chamfer Line To Arc ]
[Fillet Arc To Line]
[Chamfer Arc To Line]
and when you insert an arc , the software finds missing measures
On EndPoint and Radius inserted , the center point is find automatically.
Now profile can be inserted completely with keyboard.
I’ve added also built-in trigonometric function.
Inserted Value : Angle and end x-axis value
Result : The end point is found automatically.
Some image of pocket milling
With this free software you can create in a very simple way an optimized face milling cycle.
This link explain you the benefit of this machining strategy :
– Open the program .
– Create new file .
– Add New Phase -> Vertical Mill
– Add Face Milling
– Once the dialog screen is open , compile the screen below with the work detail ( width , height , material to remove ..)
– Click on Next Button to go to next screen.
– In this screen you can choose the method of work ( one way , Spiral In ) .
– Click on Next button again and input the cut parameter , diameter of mill and tool number.
– Once you entered all the necessary , click on [Update Preview] button to show the toolPath preview.
– Click Ok to save the work , and you return to main screen.
– Press the [ Generate Code ] button , on top, and program will be created .
That’s All !